You want to watch a video from your Samsung Galaxy S8 on your TV, but you do not know how. Connect your Android smartphone to the Smart TV could be super convenient for viewing videos, photos or even listening to music. There are several ways to share your screen from mobile to TV . It is possible to connect through apps, connected objects such as the Chromecast , wireless through Miracast and HDMI. With this article, we will guide you through the steps of connecting your Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile to your TV. First, we will explain to you what are the screen sharing techniques by USB ou HDMI then secondly we will show you several screen sharing apps for Android mobile.
How to connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile to your TV?
There are several ways to be able to connect your mobile to your TV without apps. We will show you the connections by HDMI, Bluetooth.
How do I connect my Samsung Galaxy S8 wirelessly to my TV?
Screen sharing using Miracast technology
The vast majority of new cell phones have screen sharing technologies. The vast majority of new televisions will have Screen share (screen share) like Miracast which allow you to stream directly through WIFI connection the screen of your Samsung Galaxy S8. The transmission quality of 1080p video and with high sound quality is possible. On the other hand, all telephones and TVs are not compatible and the consumption of the battery of your mobile will be high.
If your TV does not have this Miracast technology, you have the possibility to add a Miracast dongle ou chromecast ou Amazon fire stick which offer the possibility of transmitting this Wifi signal from your TV to your mobile, it will often be important to use an app to use them. See our second chapter to find out how to use them.
Steps to connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 screen to the television
To project the screen from Samsung Galaxy S8 to TV, you just need to follow these steps:
- On your TV, select the option Screen share, Miracast
- On your mobile, there are 3 techniques depending on the content to be broadcast:
- Is scroll down the top menu
- After that click on the icon called Smartview , Screen share , Screen mirroring , or Mirroring display
- Here you will find all the devices that have Screen Mirroring and Chromecast.
- Click on your TV which will be displayed to connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 to your TV.
- Either in the parameters:
- Go to connexion , then in connection sharing or more connection settings
- Here you will find the Miracast or screen sharing option. Click on it and then click on the name of your TV.
- your TV will ask for a connection authorization
- Either it is possible to directly broadcast your photos / videos contained on your Samsung Galaxy S8 by sharing them:
- Select the video or photos to broadcast on your TV and then click on share, you will have a proposal for show on TV
- Is scroll down the top menu
How to share your Samsung Galaxy S8 screen to your TV via HDMI?
The vast majority of televisions have HDMI ports to allow data transfer between a device and the TV screen. On the other hand, Android Laptops do not have an HDMI port. For this reason there are HDMI adapters type MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) for telephone. Be sure to select a specific adapter for the Samsung Galaxy S8. There are HMDI / USB-C adapters but also HDMI / Micro-USB adapters . You have to buy a separate HMDI cable to connect your adapter to the TV if you do not already have one.
In the same paragraph there are Slimport adapters, which will allow transfers of high quality videos in various formats. It is connected in the same way to your TV by an HDMI cable.
How to watch a video or photos from your Samsung Galaxy S8 on your TV through an application?
The second method for project screen from your Samsung Galaxy S8 on your telly is going to be using an app. In this way we can watch Netflix ou Youtube directly on your TV. For all of the following apps, it will be essential to purchase one of these streaming dongles:
- Amazon fire stick
Cast on TV
The application Cast on TV allows you to stream live online video from your Samsung Galaxy S8 to your TV. It will be easy to stream videos to:
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick
- Smart TVs : LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic
- XBox One, XBox 360
- Other DLNA and Chromecast receivers
Connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 to TV with Miracast Display
In order to connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 to your TV, you need to use Miracast Display Finder application which will allow you to broadcast your videos, your streaming on your TV or PC or Phone which has Miracast technology.
Google Home, streaming application for Samsung Galaxy S8
The application Google home allows you to control your Chromecast remotely but also your Google home and your Google Nest . You can use your mobile to connect to your TV, but also to musical speakers to stream music throughout the house, manage your google home.
If you are looking for other tutorials on your Samsung Galaxy S8, we invite you to take a look at the tutorials in the category: Samsung Galaxy S8.